I am obsessed with slaw. I love the crunch, and favor dressing my slaws with a vinegary dressing for a palate cleansing punch. I pile them on the sandwich for added texture and flavor as well as serve them as a side. I change the slaws around according to mood, season and on-hand ingredients.
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1 small head of savoy cabbage, shredded by hand or food processor
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- Dash of favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
1. Place the cabbage, onion and carrot in a medium bowl.
2. Place 1⁄2 of the cashews in a food processor with the vinegar, hot sauce, oil and lime juice. Process until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss the dressing over the cabbage and add remaining cashews.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Summer 2013 SUBSCRIBE NOW