Roasted eggplant is a lush and versatile dish that pairs well with just about everything.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium eggplant, stem end removed, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 teaspoon prepared crushed garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled, dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place olive oil and vinegar in a bowl and whisk together. Add eggplant slices, tossing to coat.
- Place eggplant in one layer on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with garlic, oregano, paprika and salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until softened.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
If you have extra time, broil on one side for 4 minutes and turn over to broil the other side for 3 minutes to evenly brown.