These elegant apple and honey rosettes are as delicious as they are charming. Surprisingly easy to bake, these treats use Savannah Bee Company’s Savannah Honey, and tart Braeburn apples. Savannah Honey is an intricate and complex wildflower honey from the Lowcountry region of Savannah, Georgia, a location renowned for its unique floral sources. The complexity of these floral influences creates a myriad taste that plays well with the simple apples and puff pastry.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 RosettesServings
- 1 sheet Phyllo dough (puff pastry), thawed in refrigerator
- 4 Braeburn apples, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Savannah Bee Company's Savannah Honey
- 1 fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Nonstick spray
1. Boil a large pot of water with juice of 1 lemon, add sliced apples, and turn pot to Low/Med heat. Once apples are soft, but not yet mushy, remove them and place onto several paper towels to cool.
2. On a floured surface, roll out Phyllo dough and cut into 4 strips.
3. Spray cupcake pan lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together Savannah Honey, sugar, and cinnamon. Brush each strip with this mixture.
5. Lay apple slices onto strip of Phyllo dough. Be sure to allow the apple slices to be layered and to rise up slightly above the top of the Phyllo dough. Pull the bottom of the strip of Phyllo dough over the layered apples. Begin to roll up the apples in the dough, taking care to ensure the apples are layered and rolled tightly. The end result should look similar to a cinnamon roll.
6. Once rolled, place rosette into greased cupcake pan. Brush each rosette with egg whites. Place pan into refrigerator for 15 minutes while you preheat oven to 400°.
7. Place a pan of water on rack directly below pan of rosettes, creating a sort of bain marie, so the bottom of the rosettes don’t burn.
8. Bake rosettes for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
Remove, cool, and serve!
Dust the rosettes lightly with powdered sugar for added visual interest.
Serve with vanilla bean ice cream and mint for a fabulous dessert!