My Grandma Martha's friend Joan is responsible for this luscious recipe. The bourbon aroma and flavor will immediately get the attention of the men at your table.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 ServingsServings
- 2 pound sausage or hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 bag (10-ounce) frozen chopped onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place meat in a 9 x 13-inch pan with ketchup, brown sugar, bourbon, onions and water. Mix well to coat.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with a toothpick in each piece.
Create a great hors d'oeuvre platter by pairing Sausage Bites with Cocktail Meatballs.