Fried cheese inside a delicious fresh salad? What's not to love?!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 3 cup arugula leaves
- 2 ounce radicchio leaves, torn
- 3/4 cup California Black Ripe Olives, whole, pitted
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ounce Haloumi cheese, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and honey.
2 Mix in arugula, radicchio and California Ripe Olives and toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
3 Mix flour and pepper in a small bowl. Dredge cheese pieces in flour.
4 Place in a wire mesh strainer and shake to remove excess flour.
5 Heat remaining olive oil in a medium sized sauté pan over medium heat.
6 Place cheese in pan and brown for about 1-2 minutes, turning occasionally.
7 Remove from pan with a slotted spatula and toss with salad mixture.
8 Top with toasted walnuts and serve immediately.
Source: California Olive