- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups sugar
- 150 grams low calorie margarine
- 2 cups rice, pre-soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1/3 cup peeled pistachios
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup rosewater
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground saffron
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups water
1. Fry the pistachios and slivered almonds into a tablespoon of the margarine and set aside.
2. In a stainless steel pot, boil the water and rice and stir so that the rice doesn’t stick together. When the water is boiling, lower the flame, stirring from time to time.
3. When the rice is cooked, add the sugar and margarine and stir them in.
4. After 10 minutes, add the rosewater, cardamom and saffron and cook until all the water has been absorbed.
5. Place the rice in a serving plate and flatten it with the back of a tablespoon. Sprinkle the rice with cinnamon to make a pattern and then garnish with pistachios and almonds.