- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 servings ServingsServings
- 12 red:delicious apples
- 12 wooden:skewers
- 4-1/2 cups:sugar
- 3/4 cup:light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon:red food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups :water
- 1 1/2 cup:chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside. Wash and dry apples. Insert a stick through stem, leaving about two inches sticking out.
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, food coloring and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until ingredients are dissolved and liquid boils.
- Set a candy thermometer in mixture and continue cooking, without stirring until temperature reaches 290 degrees, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place chopped peanuts in a bowl. Remove syrup from heat and dip the apples, one by one, to coat evenly.
- Work quickly. As you dip each apple roll in peanuts to coat then place on prepared cookie sheet. Let apples cool for at least an hour. Makes 12