- 4 ServingsServings
- Cooking spray
- 6 beefsteak tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 red peppers, ribs and seeds removed, halved
- 1 large onion, halved
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (use less or more if desired)
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon sugar or 1 packet Splenda
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Place tomatoes, peppers, onions,and garlic on the prepared baking sheet, cut side down. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and cumin. Place in the oven and roast until
3. Remove from oven and transfer vegetables to a blender or food processor. Add sugar and puree until smooth. Serve immediately.