Adapted from: A Veggie Venture
- 3 ServingsServings
- 1 Tbl. olive oil, plus another teaspoon for greasing pan
- 3 baby eggplant, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic (about 2 cloves), bottled okay
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a rimmed small cookie sheet or baking pan with teaspoon of oil. Set aside.
Slice off the stem end of each eggplant, then cut each eggplant in half lengthwise.
Here's the secret to those lovely non-grill marks: deeply slash each half several times (almost, but not all the way through), then turn the halves and slash again to make pretty crosshatches. Now you know the secret, don't tell a soul!
Mix the herbs, garlic and salt together, then divide evenly over the halves. Gently press mixture into the slashes. Transfer to prepared pan and drizzle with remaining tablespoon of oil.
Place pan in oven and bake 20-30 minutes or until eggplants are softened and the slashes turn a lovely brown, almost charred look. Transfer eggplants to a serving platter. Serve hot or warm as a side-dish.