People love getting one tiny bird apiece, along with the darling little fingerling potatoes. When I cook with them, I feel like a gourmet chef. But be careful, Cornish hens can be dry, so you may want to baste them with pan drippings occasionally.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 4 Cornish hens, about 1 to 2 pounds each
- 4 tablespoons prepared crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 20 fingerling potatoes
- 5 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse Cornish hens, pat dry and place in a 12 x 17-inch roasting pan.
- Spoon garlic under skin of hens and distribute evenly.
- Season hens with sage, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper, rubbing some of the seasoning underneath the skin.
- Drizzle olive oil on hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place potatoes around the hens. Return to oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until chicken is crispy and brown.
- Scatter fresh basil leaves over chicken and potatoes before serving.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER