- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 filets and 4 cups noodles ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) red snapper filets, skin on
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Gefen lo-mein noodles, cooked, drained and cooled
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper and whisk. Pour over fish filets in a shallow baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or for up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile, combine cucumbers and rice wine vinegar and marinate for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove fish from marinade and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is flakey and firm.
While fish is baking, in a large bowl, combine cold noodles with sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Drain cucumbers and add to noodles.
Divide noodle mixture between 4 plates and top each with a snapper filet. Serve warm snapper with cold or room temperature noodles.