This Ratatouille is colorful, flavorful, and so easy to make. When paired with Rice with Mozzarella and Basil, it makes a delicious meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 eggplant, coarsely chopped
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook onions and peppers in oil for 5 minutes. Mix in eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and continue cooking for 10 minutes, uncovered.
3. Stir in tomatoes and garlic. Bring to boil; reduce heat to high simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in basil and serve over Rice with Mozzarella and Basil. While the Ratatouille is cooking for the first 10 minutes, prepare the rice.
Source: Quick & Kosher Meals in Minutes