- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- - ServingsServings
- 2 cups :flour
- 1-1/2 tsp :baking powder
- 1/2 tsp :baking soda
- 1 tsp :salt
- 1 tsp :cinnamon
- 3/4 cup :buttermilk or rice milk
- 1 tsp :vanilla
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) :butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cup :sugar
- 3 :eggs
- 1 cup :raspberry
- 3/4 cup :chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 18 muffin forms with paper liners (if you only have a 12 count muffin tin, bake in batches; if baking in batches, fill any empty cups with water when baking).
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, blending well.
- Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk/vanilla mixture in 2 additions Scrape bowl between additions and mix only until just combined.
- By hand, fold in blueberries (and nuts if using) being careful so the fruit stays whole as much as possible.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when lightly pressed; 18 to 20 minutes.
- If tops stick to muffin tins when removing, loosen with a sharp knife.