- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 2-1/4 pounds:white or Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick):unsalted butter
- salt:and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces:smoked salmon
- 2-1/2 ounces:Boursin cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove:garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon:finely chopped red onion
- 2 green:onions, chopped
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Transfer potato slices to a bowl of cold water as you work.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in well-seasoned 9-inch or 10-inch cast iron skillet over moderate heat, turning to coat the surface.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Dry the potatoes very well, then arrange half of them in an overlapping pattern in the skillet, making sure the bottom is completely covered.
- Press down firmly all over with a spatula, then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange smoked salmon, goat cheese, garlic and onions on top of the potato layer.
- Top with remaining potatoes and press down.
- Dot the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the bottom of the galette is crisp and the potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Carefully loosen the galette with a spatula, invert onto a plate and slice into triangles.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
- Serves 4.