- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 servings ServingsServings
- 5 ounces:frozen chopped spinach
- 1-1/2 cups:shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon:dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon:ground black pepper
- 12 portobello:mushrooms (3 to 4 in diameter)
- 2 medium:tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons:butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Thaw spinach and press out liquid.
- In a bowl combine the spinach, cheese, basil, and pepper. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Place mushroom caps top side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet, brush them with butter or margarine.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture into each cap. Sprinkle with the diced tomatoes and salt.
- Sprinkle the top with mozzarella and/or Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Bake for 12 minutes or till heated through or place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve. Makes 12.