- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallots
- 3 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 jicama, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
In the bowl of a food processor, combine shallots, preserves, and vinegar. In a slow steady stream, while the machine is running, slowly add in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. This can be done by hand with a whisk, but you will achieve a smoother consistency in the processor.
Combine the lettuce, pomegranate arils, avocado, jicama, and mango in a bowl. Toss with dressing just before serving.
As seen in the Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Passover 2012 – Subscribe Now