I got these cute little plums from my CSA and couldn't wait to make a nice dessert with them. This tart was the easiest most delicious thing, good for dessert or as a coffee cake.
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) unsalted margarine, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 12 baby plums, pitted and cut in half
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9 or 10″ springform pan and set aside.
- Cream the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, eggs and salt and mix on low speed. Once flour is incorporated increase speed to medium and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pan. Arrange the plum halves skin side down in the batter. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the top of the plums.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cake test inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan and serving.