Classic pizza dough that can be made in advance and saved in the refridgerator. Preparation time does not include time needed for rising.
- Prep Time
- 3 PizzasServings
- 1½ cups warm water, 100 to 110 degrees F, plus extra if needed
- 1 (¼-ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra as needed
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- Olive oil, for drizzling
1. Put water in a small bowl. Add yeast and stir until dissolved.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour and salt together. Add yeast mixture and stir until a soft dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add a little extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the dough is too sticky, add extra flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Transfer dough to a floured area. With floured hands, knead dough until it becomes smooth and elastic, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Drizzle the inside of a clean bowl with olive oil. Put dough in the bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
5. Set bowl in a warm, draft-free place, until dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
6. Using a fist, deflate dough in the center and cut into 3 equal-sized pieces.
7. Form dough pieces into 3 balls and put into 3 oiled bowls.
8. Cover each bowl loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour. Remove the dough and wrap in plastic.
10. Refrigerate for up to 1 day.