You can make this dish two days before you plan to serve it and the salmon will absorb the marinade which will intensify the great flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 pieces of salmon
1. Add all ingredients, except salmon, to a large sauté pan. Heat on medium-high until liquid comes to a boil. Continue to boil for 3 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Bring to a simmer, then add fish. Poach salmon for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, and place fish in a dish along with cooking liquid. Let cool and refrigerate.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller magazine Bitayavon Winter 2011. Subscribe Now