Editor's Note: This easy and quick recipe for Persian Cucumber Salad comes from the Chanukah menu of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes.
- Prep Time
- 3 Persian cucumbers or 1 English cucumber
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ½ cup golden raisins
1. Quarter cucumbers lengthwise and slice them into 2 ½-inch sticks.
2. Place red wine vinegar, honey, and shallots in blender or food processor. With the blender or processor running, slowly add olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
3. In a large salad bowl, toss cucumbers, onions, and raisins together. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)