These meatballs can be made with only ground beef, or a mixture of beef and veal, which is lighter and milder than 100% beef.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds Grow and Behold ground beef or meatball mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- ¼ cup ketchup (preferably organic, no high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cranberry jelly
- 42 ounces 1 ½ (28-ounce cans) tomato sauce
1. Combine meat, egg, garlic, and ketchup. Form into 1 ½-inch balls.
2. In a large pot, combine tomato sauce and cranberry jelly over medium heat. Add meatballs in a single layer only (if they won’t all fit, do it in two batches).
3. Cook for about 25 minutes. The sauce should be simmering gently but not boiling.
4. Let cool. Serve with rice or spaghetti.
Recipe by Rachel Rosen.