- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 1 beef rib roast (2 to 4 ribs), 6 to 8 pounds
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) read to serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon pepper seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons for au jus. Press remaining rub evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Combine broth and reserved rub in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in thyme; continue simmering 2 minutes.
- Carve roast into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve with au jus.