- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 lb. whole grain penne
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup (about 4 oz.) The Cheese Guy Saw Mill Pecorino, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated The Cheese Guy Pecorino Romano
Boil the pasta per package directions until just cooked and al dente. Strain and place in a large bowl.
Meanwhile in a large pan, pour in oil and heat over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic, sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli florets and sauté until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add to pasta. Mix in cheese and spices.
Preheat oven to 425. Clean out pan and put back on medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and whisk in all-purpose flour; cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes.
Whisk in milk gradually; cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and pour over broccoli and pasta, mix well. Add sun dried tomatoes if using. (at this point you can refrigerate until ready to eat)
Spray 4 large ramekins or a medium sized baking pan with cooking spray. Divide mixture among baking trays evenly. Top with grated Pecorino and bake 25 minutes. Enjoy hot and crispy.