- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- - ServingsServings
- 2 cups :flour
- 1 teaspoon :baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon :salt
- 1/4 teaspoon :baking soda
- 2 cups :brown sugar
- 3/4 cup :butter or margarine, room temperature
- 2 :eggs
- 2 teaspoons :vanilla
- 1 cup :chopped pecans
- 1/2 pint :fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the inside of a 9 inch square baking pan with foil. Butter and flour foil.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat together brown sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture just until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the batter.
- Bake about 50 minutes until the top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.