This classical potato dish is served throughout Spain—it could be
their most popular appetizer. The potatoes are paired with a smooth
dipping sauce—the combination is comforting, flavorful, and simple at
the same time.
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Canola oil for frying
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, paprika, and garlic powder. Set aside.
1. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add potatoes in a single layer, and fry, turning until golden on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve with Aioli.