- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound orecchiette or fusilli pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 pound wild mushrooms cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (shiitake, baby bella, pleurotte, chanterelle, as available)
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, well rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano, rough chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine the oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes, in a large skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring often, just until the garlic begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and increase the heat to medium. Cook until the mushrooms exude their juices, about 12 – 15 minutes more. Stir in the broccoli rabe and dry oregano. Add water and soy sauce; cover partially with the lid. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli rabe is barely tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the fresh oregano and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
3. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the mushrooms and broccoli rabe and mix well. Serve hot.
Serve the pasta with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.