- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound Spaghetti or Linguine, uncooked
- 2 28- oz. cans peeled plum tomatoes
- 3 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 5 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 2 6- oz. cans tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2 Puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor
3 In a medium saucepan, heat the oil, and add the garlic.
4 Saute the garlic, stirring it for 15 seconds (do not let it brown).
5 Add the pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper.
6 Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes.
7 Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the parsley.
8 Pour over pasta.
Source: National Pasta Association