Passover Cheese Cake
This cheese cake is very light and delicate. It freezes well. I make it on passover and all year round. You can substitute potato starch for corn starch for . Enjoy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 5 Eggs seperated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 (8 ounce) box Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 3 tablespoon potato starch
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon Instant vanilla pudding
1. Separate eggs and place into two completely clean and dry bowls.
2. With an electric mixer beat the egg whites. When the eggs begin to stiffen, slowly add the sugar and continue mixing for another minute or two until stiff peaks form and the mixture is very white and shiny.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg yokes, milk, vanilla, cream cheese and potato starch until smooth, about one minute.
4. Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites in two batches into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Pour mixture into a greased springform or pie pan.
6. Gently bang the pan to release any air bubbles from the batter.
7. Place the pan in a 350 degrees F preheated oven.
8. Bake for 45 min to an hour.
9. Turn oven off, leave the cake in the oven for an hour with the oven door slightly open. (This step is done to avoid cake from cracking)
10. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
11. To make the topping, Whip up whipping cream with instant pudding. Pipe on cake once cake is completely cooled.