Root vegetables are wonderful in the fall and lend themselves to all kinds of cooking methods that bring out their natural sweetness. This soup combines a few favorite root vegetables and heavy cream for a silky rich meal or starter.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup parsnips, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 small celery root, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cup vegetables stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add parsnips, celery root, carrots and onion and sauté for 8-10 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Puree using an immersion blender or in a blender being careful to let the steam escape. Return to the pot and stir in heavy cream and salt. Garnish with sliced apple and pepper.