If you have some freshly ground chuck, you're in luck, because this is the recipe to use it in. We've taken an American diner classic and gave it a kosher spin.
Don’t forgo the topping! Crispy Shallots really take these mini burgers from good to ahhmazing! And you can make the shallots ahead of time too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 SlidersServings
- 10 mini buns, split
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Crispy Shallots (recipe link under photo)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Separate buns and arrange open faced on foil lined sheet and set aside.
Portion meat into 10 equal pieces. Roll into a meatball, then gently form each piece into a small ½-inch thick patty. Season each side of meat with salt and pepper.
3. Lightly coat a large cast iron skillet with evoo and place over medium-high heat. Place half of the patties in the pan, and brown for 3 to 5 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second. Repeat with remaining sliders.
4. Transfer cooked sliders to the bottom buns on prepared baking sheet.
5. Add mustard, wine, and broth to the cast iron pan the patties were cooked in, and place over medium heat. Scrape up the brown bits and simmer for 5 minutes, until liquid is reduced by half and the sauce is thick. While sauce is cooking, place sliders in a 400°F oven for 2 to 3 minutes to warm buns.
6. Remove sliders from oven. Spoon sauce on patties, then top with Crispy Shallots and top bun. Serve immediately.