- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 slices tilapia
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup seasoned panko crumbs
- 1 cup flour seasoned with:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Soft tortillas
Preheat oven 450°F.
1. Rinse fish and pat dry.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. If making nuggets or tacos cut fillets into nugget-size pieces or, if making fillets, leave fillets whole.
4. Place flour on a plate or shallow bowl and combine with salt, pepper, and paprika.
5. Place two egg whites in a separate shallow bowl.
6. Combine panko and breadcrumbs in a third dish.
7. Prepare two rimmed baking sheets by covering with foil and placing a wire rack sprayed with cooking oil on each. This maximizes crispiness.
8. Roll nugget-sized pieces in flour, then in egg whites, and lastly in the crumb mixture.
9. Place on one of the prepared pans and spray well with cooking spray.
10. Repeat with whole fillets and place on a second baking sheet.
11. Bake 12-15 minutes for nuggets and 15-20 minutes for fillets. Watch for doneness.
12. For tacos, wrap soft tortillas in foil and place in oven for the last five minutes of cooking.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (Summer 2014) - Subscribe Now