- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 Chicken breast halves, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 fresh rosemary branches
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Prepare glaze by combining in small saucepan the marmalade, orange juice, vinegar, stock, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into a small bowl and reserve. Pour remaining sauce into pitcher or serving bowl for passing at the table.
Heat olive oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. In small bowl, combine rosemary leaves, parsley, orange zest, salt and pepper; rub all over chicken breasts. Place chicken, skin-side down, in skillet and brown, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet. Place rosemary branches in pan and place chicken breasts, skin-side up, on top of the rosemary branches. Place in hot oven and roast 15 – 20 minutes, brushing chicken breasts with ¼ cup of glaze several times during the last 10 minutes of cooking.