Make a firm polenta filled with French's cripsy fried onions. Top with this flavorful salsa. It is easy and delicious and makes a wonderful presentation.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups dry polenta grain (yellow cornmeal)
- 6 oz. can (3 cups) FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. ripe tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup FRENCH'S® Horseradish Mustard
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
HEAT water and 1 tsp. salt to boiling in medium saucepan. Slowly whisk in polenta, whisking constantly. Cook 5 min. over low heat until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in French Fried Onions.
SPOON polenta into greased 10-inch pie plate. Let stand 20 min. until firm.
PREPARE salsa: mix tomatoes, avocados, cilantro, 1 tsp. salt, 3 tbsp. oil, mustard and vinegar; toss gently to combine. Reserve.
UNMOLD polenta onto cutting board. Cut into 6 wedges. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook polenta wedges until golden brown on both sides, about 5 min.
PLACE polenta wedges on serving dishes and top with salsa mixture. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Make ahead tip: prepare polenta wedges and reheat in oven. Mix salsa and chill until ready to serve.