These potatoes are all you need to accompany your favorite chicken, beef, or fish entree.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1½ pounds new potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped flat-leaf parsley, sliced scallions
1. Simmer potatoes in a large sauté pan until they are par-cooked, about 10 minutes once water has come to a simmer. Remove potatoes, cool, and then slice into quarter-inch thick slices. No need to peel the potatoes!
2. In the same pan, lightly coated with evoo, caramelize red onion until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add potatoes to the pan and a little more evoo. Be sure to salt and pepper the veggies.
3. Cook until potatoes are crispy, stirring occasionally. Add scallions, red peppers, and garlic and continue cooking for another few minutes until garlic has softened.
4. Transfer potatoes to a serving platter and garnish with parsley and scallions as desired.