- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 ServingsServings
- 1 bulb of garlic cut in half horizontally
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into dice
- 2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Suggested garnishes: crispy shallots, snipped chives, extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Place the garlic halves in a piece of foil. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil, wrap the foil into a pouch and place in the oven for 40 minutes or until the garlic is lightly browned and very soft.
2. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the potatoes and chicken stock or water. Cover and cook until the potatoes are very soft and fork tender and the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Squeeze the garlic cloves into the potatoes; add the horseradish, olive oil and salt and pepper. Whip the potatoes at medium speed until they are creamy and light. Do not over whip or they will be gummy.
4. Garnish with crispy shallots, snipped chives and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil