- Prep Time
- 12 servings ServingsServings
- 2-1/2 :cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 :ounces cream cheese softened and divided.
- 1/3 :cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 :cup mayonnaise
- 1 :teaspoon chili powder, more to taste
- 1/3 :cup chopped, black or green olives
- 1 :large red pepper, chopped
- 1-2 :tablespoons milk
- 1/2 :cup chopped black or green olives
- In a bowl, beat together Monterey jack, 3 ounces of cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise and chili powder until smooth.
- Mix in chopped red pepper and chopped olives.
- Shape into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, beat remaining cream cheese until fluffy and add just enough milk to make it easy to spread.
- Spread this mixture on and over the cheese ball and then pat the remaining chopped olives onto the surface.
- Cover again, loosely, and refrigerate for 2 hours more.