A beautiful potato dish with the most delicious sauce will keep your guests coming back for more.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 large Idaho® Russet potato, scrubbed and quartered lengthwise into wedges
- 4 Purple Fingerling Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into circles
- 4 Red and Yellow Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into circles
- Kosher salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Pure olive oil to drizzle over the potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon white Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Cup of heavy cream
- 3 ounces pepper Jack cheese, grated and reserved in a mixing bo2
- 2 Tablespoons Cotija cheese, grated (or Parmesan)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 Drizzle potatoes with olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
2 Roast potatoes in a 350° F oven until golden, turning once.
3 While potatoes are roasting, prepare the sauce. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter with the olive oil.
4 When butter is melted, add the garlic and onion. Cook until lightly caramelized, about 8 minutes.
5 Add the thyme leaves, mustard and white Balsamic vinegar, stir. Then add the cream; bring to a simmer
6 Strain mixture onto reserved shredded Jack cheese.
7 Whisk in the Cotija (or Parmesan). Season with salt & pepper. Whisk together, return to heat and cook another 3 minutes. Keep warm.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission