- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into a total of 8 thick slices
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled. dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Place 2 mozzarella slices on each of 4 individual plates or arrange on a serving platter.
- Place 1 basil leaf on each mozzarella slice.
- Top each with a tomato slice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano and salt. Drizzle over tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Serve at room temperature, garnished with additional basil leaves, if desired.
If you have extra basil, place it in a large glass or pitcher of cold water in the fridge. It will last 4 to 6 days if you remove wilted leaves and change the water occasionally. This tip also works with other fresh herbs.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER