Healthy alternative to packaged ramen; your kids will love it. Make this easy recipe any day, pack it for lunch for yourself or your kids or eat it for dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 - 2 servings ServingsServings
- 3 oz Chinese style dried thin egg noodles (lo mein)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 oz cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup canned sweet corn
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and add the peas two minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, chicken and sweet corn.
- Strain the noodles and peas and add to the pan.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan.
- In a small cup mix the cornstarch with 1 teaspoon of cold water and add this to the pan. Bring to the boil and cook for one minute, stirring.