Why leave each fruit all by itself when serving an assortment?
Choosing a short and sweet fruit selection and serving it the way you would serve a leaf salad is guaranteed to get everyone to enjoy their fruit more often. My cookbooks offer several fruit-salad combinations: this is one of my favorites.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 3 cups green grapes
- 6 kiwis
- 1 large wedge honeydew
- 2 green apples, unpeeled, cored and quartered
- 1 bunch mint, leaves only, minced
- 1/3 cup honey, a drop more if you like it sweeter
- 2-3 tablespoons Slivovitz or brandy
- Optional: a handful toasted pistachios. Add just before serving
Cut the grapes across with a serrated knife. Dice the kiwi, honeydew and apple medium-small (a little less than 1-inch cubes). Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Chill. Serve the fruit in small bowls, juices and all.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (Bitayavon Spring 2012) – Subscribe Now