Serve these savory corn fritters with aioli on the side.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream (75-ml)
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon adobo sauce (2-4 ml)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fat-free milk or water (30-45 ml)
- 1/2 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (0.5-ml)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise (15-ml)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry (375-ml)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (125-ml)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (60-ml)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (30-ml)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (60-ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1-ml)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (1-ml)
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil , divided (15-ml)
1. Combine sour cream and adobo sauce in a small bowl. Add remaining aioli ingredients, and stir until smooth. Set aside.
1. Combine egg whites and canola mayonnaise in a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Stir in remaining corn cakes ingredients, except cooking spray and canola oil.
2. Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray, add 1/2 tablespoon (7 mL) canola oil to skillet, and heat over medium heat.
3. Tilt skillet to lightly coat bottom of pan.
4. Working in two batches, spoon rounded tablespoon of corn mixture into skillet, making eight mounds. Flatten slightly for an even thickness and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden, and place on a serving platter.
6. Repeat with remaining canola oil and corn mixture. Serve corn cakes with aioli.