Minestrone with Cheese Tortellini is packed full of delicious vegetables and flavor. A twist on the traditional minestrone, with tortellini instead of plain pasta, this soup is a complete meal and the ultimate comfort food. Serve with Herb Focaccia.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (32-ounce) boxes vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag California-style frozen mixed vegetables, not thawed
- 1 (15½-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) bag cheese tortellini
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
1. Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and peppers; cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, frozen vegetables, and kidney beans. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tortellini float to the top.
3. Ladle into bowls, garnish with basil and cheese, and serve with Herb Focaccia.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW.