Jamie Geller shares her recipe for Mexican Black Bean Soup with Spiced Tortilla Chips. Manischewitz All Natural Vegetable Broth is a great base for this soup, which Jamie prepares in advance in a crock pot. Prep time below is for the Tortilla Chips, a geat, quick addition to the soup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 pound dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups Manischewitz All Natural Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to add a little kick
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or until beans are tender. Use an immersion blender, standing blender or food processor and puree until slightly chunky but mostly smooth, or to desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, combine chili powder and coriander. Spread tortilla chips on a sheet pan and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with spice mixture and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until warm. Serve immediately with soup.