Refreshing, refreshing, refreshing! A nice cool melon cucumber salad that can be an appetizer, side dish or late afternoon snack on a hot summer day.
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of ground pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups 3/4 inch cubed melon (honeydew or cantaloupe or both)
- Salad greens
1. In a small bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the melon and cucumber and then toss the with dressing.
3. Cover and refrigerate.
When serving, use a slotted spoon to place the mixture on the salad greens.