- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 ready:to cook 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1 pkg.(10 oz.):frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups:mashed potatoes
- 1 medium-size:onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb.:mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz (4 tablespoons):butter
- 1 garlic:clove, chopped
- 10 tablespoons:grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup:heavy cream
- 1 :egg
- 1 teaspoon:salt
- freshly ground:pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook spinach and drain very well. In a skillet saute onion and mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the spinach and mashed potatoes. Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Scrape into potato-spinach mixture in the bowl. Add 8 tablespoons of the cheese, the cream and egg to the potatoes, mix to combine and season with salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry shell. Push the crust on the rim up over the top of the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Place in oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes. Serves 8.