If you're looking for a new variation on a typical macaroni salad, this recipe is sure to be a hit!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 6 clove Garlic, quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups Cooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups Red bell peppers, Coarsely chopped roasted (1-inch)
- 2 cups Arugula leaves
- 1 cup California Ripe Olives, wedged
- 1 cup Diced smoked mozzarella (1/4-inch)
1 Heat oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat.
2 Add garlic, turn heat to low and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until evenly golden.
3 Remove from heat. Allow oil to cool for 3-4 minutes, then whisk in red wine vinegar, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper flakes.
4 Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, peppers, arugula, California Ripe Olives and smoked mozzarella.
5 Add red wine garlic dressing and toss until evenly coated.
6 Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, then serve cold or at room temperature.
Source: California Olive