- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 dozenServings
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Zest of 1 large lime and 2 tablespoons of juice
1. Prepare the filling. Mix all ingredients and chill at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven 350°F
3. Prepare the lime glaze by mixing all ingredients until smooth.
4. Working quickly, one sheet of dough at a time, cut circles, brush with lime glaze, center a scant teaspoonful of the filling, and pinch closed on three corners, ensuring they are well sealed. Brush again with lime glaze.
5. Place on silpat-lined cookie sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden on the edges. Cool on wire racks.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW