- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 servings ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons :pure maple syrup (don't use "fake" stuff)
- 1 tablespoon :soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons :lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, :minced
- 1 teaspoon :minced fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon :freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, :skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces), trimmed
- In a bowl whisk together the syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.