The crunchy, earthy chard is a great pairing with the sweet and tangy maple-based dressing. Use rainbow chard for a colorful presentation.
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (any color)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 red bird chili pepper, chopped
1. Rinse your chard in cold water - each leaf should be well rinsed to remove any sandy residue. Chop off any brownish ends on the stem. Pat leaves dry with a paper towel or you can use a salad spinner to help dry once they are chopped.
2. Thinly slice the chard into ribbons. Add to a large mixing bowl. You can rinse one more time in cold water if desired.
3. Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Pour over greens and toss well. Serve alone or add a crumbling of cheese if desired.