Mango jalapeño quesadillas have a nice spicy flavor along with some tart and sweet. We got all your tastes covered in this recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 (8-inch flour) tortillas
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced (if unavailable replace with papaya or pear)
- 1 cup shredded Sincerely Brigitte Jalapeño and Cilantro cheese (or you can cut slices as desire for each tortilla)
1. Heat a 10-inch non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with olive oil.
2. Place the tortilla on the skillet and arrange the mango and the grated Sincerely, Brigitte cheese on top of the tortilla, leaving a half-inch margin around the edges.
3. When the cheese has melted or is just about melted, flip one half of the tortilla over on top of the other (closing the two sides will also help melt the cheese).
4. Remove the quesadilla from the pan, let sit for 1 minute, then slice into 8 wedges . Serve immediately with Lemon-Ginger dipping sauce.
For the Lemon-Ginger marmalade:
Take a lemon ginger jam or any other lemon jam and mix it with a little bite of pineapple juice.
If the tortilla seems dry, wet your clean hands and rub it on both sides with water to dampen. Let the tortilla rest a few minutes to absorb the moisture before cooking.
For best results, cook on medium to low heat, checking the bottom of the tortilla after a couple of minutes to make sure it's not burning. If you're cooking many quesadillas, place the cooked ones on a baking sheet in a warm oven until all are completed.